Most employees don’t need a PC. Personal computers are expensive, faulty, they age and consume a large quantity of energy. It is common to replace computers every three or four years with newer ones, because the outdated applications don’t suffice any more. If a failure occurs, the administrator has to come in person and solve it. If the computer is broken, it is necessary to buy a new one, install the operation system and all applications, configure them, load the backed up data and hope that nothing is missing. That is a great loss of time, during which the employees don’t do their work.
Raydesk infrastructure does not age, is easy to upgrade and potential failures are solved just by replacing the thin client. All of that together with lower energy consumption will notably save expenses on your corporate IT.
Stickfish Raydesk thin clients are designed as replacements of desktop computers. This solution is particularly suitable for companies with more employees (callcenters, financial institutions) to make computer administration easier and to increase the safety of their usage.
Stickfish Raydesk is a long-time well-proven product. It is used by The State Environmental Fund of the Czech Republic, theOccupational Safety Research Institute,ČEPS or by the University of Pardubice for example.
Common Problems of Office PCs
- Failure rate Office PCs are complex devices, tending to failures. If any of their components fails, the computer doesn’t work and the employee can’t go on with his work, until the computer is fixed or until he gets a replacement- But the data usually stays right in the broken computer.
- Illegal content Personal computer users can install other aplications of unknown origin. Illegal data (pirate film copies, MP3s...) adjoin as well. In case of revelation the company has to face not only high fines, but also public shame.
- Low security Due to the weakness the Microsoft Windows architecture, bringing in viruses, rootkits and other harmful software is possible even during common usage. It is enough to only just open an infected document in MS Office, a corrupt website or e-mail. Such software can not only decrease the computer’s performance, but also track the user’s activities, delete files or send his documents and passwords to the attacker.
- Energy consumprion It has been proved, that the ICT branch,yearly produces as much CO2 as the aircraft industry due to its energy consumption. These days the consumption of common PC approaches 100W (Stickfish Raydesk only consumes 4W!)
- Time demanding administration When it is necessary to install a selected program to all employees of a common company with PCs it means to walk through all buildings, floors and offices and to spend several minutes on installing this program or alternatively to use VNC access for individual computers and enhance them with the requested application one by one. In a medium-sized company this task may take several days.
Stickfish Raydesk advantages
- Saves resources - the desktop uses an absolute minimum of system resources compared to other "heavy" OS
- Lowers the expenses on administration - A single administrator can take care of hundreds of users
- Integrates applications from various OS - features connectors and on one desktop applications from MS Windows, Linux, Solaris, AS400, QNX, etc. Can be run
- Increases the security - enforces company rules who, when and where from may access selected applications
- Increases the performance - employees are limited by only being able to use those applications they need for their work
Stickfish Raydesk characteristics
- Long life cycle, low expenses The application doesn’t run on a thin client, but on a server, thanks to this it is unnecessary to replace the stations by newer models, as it is with personal computers. Virtual desktops made 5 years ago work in the same quality and comfort as models sold today. The whole solution is also reverse compatible and the demands on the hardware demands don’t grow by adding other applications as it would be with PCs.
- Stop wasting time There are icons of available applications on the desktop, a panel for switching between running applications, graphic background or a clock for example. The user starts applications to which he is used. The environment is so intuitive that the usage of it doesn’t require any training.
- High security, simplicity of use Users log in with a chip card. The hotdesking function guarantees, that logging off (taking out the chip card) only causes the current session to pause and is then continued hen the next log in is carried out – even at a different station.
- Considerate of the environment Thin clients don’t become obsolete and thus it is not necessary to replace them with newer models. Their consumption is twenty times lower compared to personal computers. Thin Sun Ray 2 clients have the consumption of only 4W when running. Apart from being considerate of the environment, it also brings financial savings.
- Powerful administration, low maintenance The virtual display terminal is connected to electric network, the computer network, the monitor and input device - that is all. There’s no need for further maintenance, the administrator manages software settings from his office.
- Multiplatformal Raydesk allows to run applications from various platforms. It is possible to access the Microsoft Windows platform program equipment via RDP protocol or Citrix connector by the help of the ICA protocol. Raydesk can also handle the X Windows System standard, so that users also have applications from Linux, Solaris, BSD and others at their disposal.